This post is a little different than usual. . . I’m doing something new, something fun, something thrilling. . . I’m participating in the Bookish Blog Tag challenge! 🥳
I had the great honor of receiving a nomination from Ryan Elizabeth, the organizer of the challenge.
I’ll be answering a series of difficult literary questions, so sit back, grab some tea, and enjoy! Maybe you’ll learn something new about me. 😉 Let’s dive in!
1. What are 1-3 of your favorite books of all time?
Hmm. . . this is a really hard question. Out of all the books I’ve read so far, I’d say Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen, The Lamplighter by Maria. S. Cummins, and (it’s a current read, but I’m loving it) The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater are my top favorites.
2. What are 1-3 of your favorite authors of all time?
Jane Austen. She’s a legend. Her wit, her character arcs, and her themes are just a few things that make her novels enjoyable. I admire her greatly.
J.R. R. Tolkien. Good grief, his worldbuilding is just mind-blowing! I can tell he really poured a lot of depth into his novels. Hats off to this man!
Agatha Christie. She’s such a genius. Great fan of her plot twists. 😏
**Yes, these are all British authors. But what can I say? They’re the best. 😉
3. Who is your favorite female character from a book?
Ahh, this is so hard! Out of all the books I’ve read so far, I’m going to have to go with Elinor Dashwood.
I relate to her on so many levels! And I admire her quiet strength, good sense, and self-sacrifice. Yes, I like her even better than Elizabeth Bennet. 😉
4. Who is your favorite male character from a book?
Ooh, this one’s too hard! There are so many amazing guys! I’m going to break the rules and record my current top two.
SHERLOCK HOLMES. I want his mind palace!! Honestly. I aspire to have at least 1/10 of his observation skills by the time I die.
MR. TILNEY. Sure, Mr. Darcy is generous and all but. . . Mr. Tilney. He’s the real gentleman. He’s witty, actually nice, forgiving and so much more. I think he deserves more credit! #underratedhero
5. What’s your favorite fictional world?
Narnia. All the way. There’s so much to do there! And the scenery is enchanting. . .
6. What book has your favorite book cover?
I have yet to find one that I really love.
But Barnes & Noble’s Collectible Edition of Pride & Prejudice is stunning. My heart flutters every time I see it on my shelf.
All the Barnes & Noble Classics are lovely! 🤩
7. What’s your favorite book-to-movie adaptation?
The Book Thief. The actors are incredible!
Pride & Prejudice (1980 TV Series). Obscure but priceless.
**If you didn’t know before, this post has proved that I’m a big Jane Austen nerd. 😆
8. If you could make any book into a movie, which would it be?
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater. I need it now.
9. What was your favorite childhood book?
On The Edge of The Dark Sea of Darkness. The whole “Wingfeather Saga” for that matter!
10. Fantasy or Sci-fi (or neither)?
Fantasy! Aside from watching Star Wars movies, I’m not much of Sci-fi person. . .
(No pressure to participate 🙂)
BELLA @ bellaputt.com
GERMAINE @ germainehan.com
LYDIA @ lydiatherese.wordpress.com
1. Make sure you thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
2. Answer all of the following questions.
3. Include the blog tag graphic and these rules on your post.
4. Nominate 3 or more bloggers at the bottom of your post, including their name and their blog’s link.
What are your top favorite books? Do you relate to any of my answers? Do you disagree with any of my answers? (; Who’s your favorite male Jane Austen character?
LIKE THIS POST? PIN IT.